Link above has my best memory training tips
How to set goals the right way. There is a wrong way and a right way to set goals.
If you want to accomplish your goals then you need to follow a proven formula on how to set goals the right way.
1. Don’t tell people your goals! I know this is controversial tip. But I believe it to be true. Here is why, you see people saying I am going to do this big thing and the next thing you know they are getting a lot of likes and support. This is why they are less likely to accomplish this goal. They are already getting the reward without accomplishing the goal and this makes them less likely to hit that goal.
If you want to hit your goals then the first step in how to set accomplish or set goals is to not talk about it. If you do you will get the reward prematurely and then you will be less likely to accomplish it.
Of course you want to tell those who can help you with your goals (coach, close friends, etc)
2. Write your goals down is the next step in how to set goals. In setting your goals write them down. This is so you can crystalize them and you are able to look at them and review them on a daily basis. This keeps your goals at the front of your mind.
3. Get a coach! When I was training for the USA Memory Championships I hired a former Navy SEAL (TC Cummings) to be my coach. When I was training for my first Jiu Jitsu tournament and I hired Juan Tatum to coach me. To set your goals the right way set goals!
4. When you set your goals set up a reward system. Tell yourself you will reward yourself something when you hit your goal.
5. Break you goal down in to easy manageable steps. Don’t try to accomplish your entire big goal all at once. Instead break your goal down in to easy manageable steps. Give yourself smaller goals every single day or every week. When you accomplish small goals they will add up to large goals.
6. How to set goals point #6 is to be optimistic. You have to have a positive mindset! If you miss one of your small goals along the way don’t beat yourself.
7. How to set goals the right way point #7 is most people over estimate what they can accomplish in a year and underestimate what they can accomplish in a decade. Set long term goals.
There is a right way and a wrong way to set goals. Follow these steps on how to set goals the right way.