Get your FREE training on creating a mind palace and remembering anything you want:
In my 24 years teaching memory improvement and memory training workshops I have compiled a list of ways to improve memory. Believe it or not there are very simple things that you can do to improve memory.
I implement all of these to different degrees as I work to improve my memory.
Ways to improve memory with good habits
1. First way to improve memory with good habit is to get a good nights sleep. 8 hours of sleep per night will make your memory so much better.
2. Drinking plenty of water is an important part of having a focused brain and a good way to improve memory. It is often overlooked but it is so easy to do.
3. Exercise is one of the best ways to improve memory. It helps in direct and indirect ways. Directly because exercise reduces inflammation and stimulates growth of new blood cells. Indirectly it helps you sleep better and reduces stress.
4. Too much salt is harmful to your memory but too little salt is also harmful. A way to improve memory is to watch your salt intake.
5. Reducing your stress level is one of the best things that you can do to improve memory. For this ways to improve memory technique I will meditate and even get massages to relax. This helps my body and my brain.
6. The next way to improve memory is to avoid excessive sugar.
7. Excessive alcohol is terrible for memory in both the short term and the long term.
8. Alcohol in moderation has actually been shown to be helpful to the memory.
9. Another easy way to improve memory is to train your mind to think in pictures. Start seeing numbers for pictures (21 = deck of cards, 10 = fingers, etc). You also do the same with names. Create images for common names. Steve = stove, Lisa = Mona Lisa, etc. These are greats ways to improve memory.
10. The last tips for ways to improve memory is to use the Mind Palace. It is without question my favorite way to improve memory.
Click the link here for more free training on this